Simulate a program in RsLogix 500!!! Help!! :-(

nesppi

Hi everybody!!!

I am developing a program for a SLC 500 with RsLogix 500. I have almost finished and I need to check my ladder program.

I am wondering if someone knows something about a "hardware trainer" that is, if it exits any pack to simulate with hardware components the inputs and ouputs of a PLC.

I know that you can simulate the ladder program with software, with RsView32 or RsLogix Emulate 500, but I need a hardware tool.

Thank you very much for the help,

Greetings

Hi everybody!!!

I am developing a program for a SLC 500 with RsLogix 500. I have almost finished and I need to check my ladder program.

I am wondering if someone knows something about a "hardware trainer" that is, if it exits any pack to simulate with hardware components the inputs and ouputs of a PLC.

I know that you can simulate the ladder program with software, with RsView32 or RsLogix Emulate 500, but I need a hardware tool.

Greetings
Hi everybody!!!

Greetings[/QUOTE]

Check with you local A-B distributor or A-B regional office. Years ago there were portable trainers that A-B would lend out and there may be some still available. Of course the amount of I/O was somewhat limited.

Simulating I/O

I am not sure of your specific application, if you need to verify the actual I/O, or if you are just looking to simulate the field response of the I/O actions (valve output on = close contact goes off and open contact goes on). If that is the case it is relatively straightforward to create a SIMULATION routine in the SLC500 that "reads" the output file and "writes" the input file. You want to write over the input registers as the first action in the SLC, so this should occur as the first JSR in the main program.

This method is easy in simple linear programming, but in the case of event driven/multiple IO update etcetera, it can be difficult. It also requires that the processor is not crunched for processing time. This works for 500 and 5. I can set up a tested routine that shows this if you need. just send me a message.

When you use this method, all you have to do to go to realtime is [AFI] the JSR to the SIMULATION routine, and no more inputs are overwritten. I have not used this method to overwrite analog inputs at the card level, but you could easily just overwrite the N Register that the analog cards dump into.

Sorry if this is not the idea you were looking for.