SLC 5/01 a couple simple questions

I am using RSLinx lite, but I don't see what that would have to do with the functionality of configuring drivers. And like I said I had no problems actually connecting to the PLC through my current setup once RSLogix knew what type of driver I was using. I guess I need to go to the AB site and read up on RSLinx.

Thanks for the help
Nate

could this be your problem? ...

Greetings Nate,

when you have RSLinx "looking" for the node (SLC) make sure of two things ...

(1) that the "Autobrowse" check box is marked "on" ...

(2) that the little "network" icon boxes for your PIC driver are animated ... if the network icon is NOT animated, then that part of your RSLinx network is NOT being browsed ... click the driver's name to mark the driver for browsing ... a lot of beginner's miss this little trick ...

[attachment]

if you want, you can send me a Private Message with your phone number ... I'll be glad to give you a call and discuss this whole thing with you ...

and welcome to the forum ...

marching.jpg

i just tried configuring the driver on my desktop PC using RSLinx 2.1 and had no problems at all. On my laptop though the autobrowse feature was on, but the driver name never even came up in the box where all the nodes were listed, whereas on my desktop it immediately came up in the list of nodes and said i needed to reboot for it to take effect. I think I am going to try a clean install of RSLinx on my laptop and see where that leads me. I appreciate all the help and I will let you know how that turns out.

Thanks again
Nate

In RSLinx click on Communications (or Comms, I forget which it says) and select Configure Drivers.

In the lower part of the window, what is the status of the PIC driver? Can you post a screen shot?

OG