Slc 5/01 And Opc

tafenegus

Hi

I need to communicate SLC 5/01 to OPC (KEPServerEX) . This driver (kapware) does not work in a direct connection to the DH-485 port of a SLC 500 series PLC using a 1747-PIC.

What option do I have to communicate this OPC driver to this SLC 5/01 CPU

I don’t have free slot to install other communication module, if there is any

If I am going to change the CPU to SLC 5/03 or 5/04 do I need al lot of programming change?

Thanks

The 5/01 only does DH485. You can talk to it through a DH+/DH485 PC card, but I am not sure if there is a Kepware driver that can do that. You may have to use RSLinx to go that route.

As for upgrading to a higher model SLC, it is very simple to do, you just select the new processor type and apply it to the project. The software will give a warning, offer to resize data tables and clear I/O, and that is all there is to it.

If the exisiting 5/01 is using the DH485 port for control or HMI purposes, that will have to be dealt with also.

You could investigate using a serial server and a device to go from DH485 to RS232. The serial server would tie onto your ethernet network and be assigned a static IP address. There would be a virtual com port assignment on your PC with Kepserver that it would use to communicate with.