Slc 5/04 <->1761-net-ini <-> ecom100

AlexKur

Hi guys. I'm watching this forum for last two years. Thank You for all helpful threads!

I'm confused with on of new project. One of my new customer installed a lot of new control panels. with 5x C-More OIs, 5x Automation Direct DL260 PLC, each PLC have ECOM100 installed, 10x SK_Commander VFDs with network card. I'm using Modbus TCP to talk between SK_Comm and DL260, and Modbus TCP to talk between DL PLC's. everything working fine.

But they have one SLC 5/03 installed witch connected to 1761-NET-INI true RS232 Port. And I have no idea what I have to do to read/write data to SLC 5/03 from DL06. Please if anybody done something like this point me in right direction what to read.

What protocol I have to use?

What are you trying to write/read to?

The 260 to the 5/03? or the C-More to the 5/03 or .....

I think I would change the 5/03 to a 5/05 then have the 5/05 write to the C-More, I don't no if you can setup a C-More to use more then one driver at a time... you will need to look up the C-More and see if it can

Another thought would be Red Lion has a data converter... I have never used one but it may do what you are looking for

http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachineInterface/DataStationPlus.html

This is new client, I really don't want to spend their money. I have no idea who but somebody told them that it will work this way, so if is any way to get it to work, I'd like to try