slc 5/04, DF1, Citect 6.1 communications

Jim__

I have inherited a SLC 5/04 issue....

I am connected via the serial port to a PC (and USB serial converter).

I would like to add Citect SCADA 6.1.

Since there is no budget, and someone has lost the cable for the 1784-PCMK/B card, I can only access via the DB9 channel.

Is there any way to set up communications to allow RSLogix and Citect to share this connection?

Possibly some way to connect as DF1 half duplex and allow Citect and RSLOgix to run together? I guess another way to state the question would be 'is DF1 half duplex capable of mulitnode or multidrop' connections?

If this IS possible, has anyone done it?
I have followed and tried every lead I could find on the web, and read more manuals and docs that my glasses are melted.

Ken Roach, I saw you are online....care to take a jab at this?

Does Citect have to use its own driver to connect to the SLC, or can it use OPC ?

If you have a licensed copy of RSLinx Classic, it can allow both a native RSLinx client (RSLogix 500) and an OPC client (Citect) to simultaneously access the DF1 driver, which in turn is using the USB/RS232 converter and Windows COM port.

That's the whole point of multisession drivers like RSLinx.

You'd have to do a ton of gymastics to get this to work with DF1 Half Duplex.

I don't think the DF1 Port Splitter will work for this... the "Network" port is for messages outgoing from the controller, not incoming from Citect or RSLinx.

If I were in your shoes I might start experimenting with a 1:many virtual serial port driver, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

Yes Citect 6.1 can use several drivers, but the good one ABRSLINX requires RSLinx OEM and I only have Lite.

Gymnastics (patience) I have, but no moola.