SLC 5/04 to NET-ENIW for web monitoring only

TheCaptain2000

Lifetime Supporting Member
After hunting through the archives and the manuals, I am unclear as to how I can get my 1761-NET-ENIW-D to show me simple integers (0 or 1) on the web server. I have good communication between the NET-ENIW and the 5/04 since I can now use RSLinx and transfer programs in and out and monitor programs successfully over my network.

When I type in the IP address of the NET-ENIW, I get the web server and all of the user content that I setup though the configuration tool. However, I do not see any of the information listed for "writes from the controller". They are just blank.

I originally believed that if I set integers to the N50:00, N50:01, etc. bits in the ladder, they would automatically write (or the NET-ENIW would "read") them to the appropriate values listed in the NET-ENIW.

Now I believe that I must initiate a MSG write command from the ladder. After all of the examples I have seen in the past few days dealing with MSG between other machines, I am too confused. I feel like my situation is more simple in that all I want this web server in the NET-ENIW to do is display information from the original program.

Please note: I have never used a MSG command before.

Last edited: