Slc 5/04 upgrade to compact logix l30er questions

higginsl

Hello,

I have been given the task of upgrading a SLC 500 5/04 cell to a CompactLogix system. I chose to use the L30ER processor. I am keeping the SLC 500 Chassis and using a 1747 AENT card to connect the Compactlogix to the SLC 500 rack. In the original rack there is a Devicenet card. During the conversion , the Device net card will be removed from the SLC 500 rack and the appropiate Device Net card will be installed into the CompactLogix "rack". I have done the conversion from RS Logix 500 to Studio 5000 V 21. I am unable to get the original dnt file. I am trying to set up the communication path in the logic. I understand that that the original Device net card uses 16 bit integers and the New Device Net card uses 32 bit.
In RS Logix 500 , it looks like each of the devices on the network uses 4 - 16 bit words.

I was wondering if someone has done this before and if anyone would be able to show me some example logic to do this?

The Device Net network is for 4 robots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still learning.

I was wondering if someone has done this before and if anyone would be able to show me some example logic to do this?

Yes, No, Kinda :) send me a PM with your email and I will send you the program we wrote... its using a 5/04 and removing the CPU and replacing with a RIO then controlling the 5/04 rack with a L72, I think I maybe able to get a project doing the same thing with a AENTR but not sure if I can find it

Still learning.

We all are...

Because you know the device type and data size, you should be able to work backwards to figure out the mapping of the DeviceNet module by figuring out which 4 words in the I: and O: data tables of the SLC are used by each robot.

It's straightforward to migrate from 16-bit to 32-bit data tables on the DeviceNet modules; you just use the COP instruction with an INT[x] datatype destination tag.

The Length argument in the COP instruction is the number of destination elements.

Code:
COP
Source:        DNetScanner:1:I.Data[0]
Destination:   Robot_1_Input[0]
Length:        4

That will copy the two DINTs in DNetScanner:1:I.Data[0] and .Data[1] into the four INTs in Robot_1_Input[0,1,2,3].