slc 5/05 ethernet comms

clayc

I have slc 5/05 on a network with a static address(DHCP and BOOTP disabled). Recently had lightning strike which took out router and new router will not accept its address. I have tried to go online via channel 0 through a UIC but no luck and trying to find a computer with a serial port nowadays is near impossible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The UIC is a USB to DH485 converter. If the serial port on the SLC5/05 is configured for DF1 ( its default) the UIC will not work. The port has to be configured for DH485.
See link below for a USB to serial adapter.

http://www.plctrainer.net/

Why not just connect directly to the SLC5/05 ethernet port with a crossover cable?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have a SLC 5/05 with really slow Ethernet comms. It is on a network with three Proface screens but comms is just as slow when I connect directly...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, I have a Slc 5/05 1747-L551 processor that is communicating (was communicating) with a panelview 700 plus 2711P-B7C4D1 thru DF1. Bubba...
Replies
Views
I have two SLC 500 5/05E processors on a subnet with a Delta motion controller. I am using OPC and Topserver for I/O comms and Wonderware for HMI...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Can anyone suggest a way of getting a SLC 5/04 to talk over ethernet? I am installing an Ethernet network for about 10 AB SLCs and Logix...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest why the Ethernet port on my SLC 5/05 is sometimes very very slow when communicating with RSLogix? I have the SLC on a network...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom