SLC 5/05 wireless communication

Basically, assign the processor ip address in RSlinx. If your laptop and processor are then on the newwork, you should be set to go.

Can you already connect by cable with your laptop?

kkaneko said:
With ethernet cable I don't have a problem.
Do I need to setup the wireless to local IP?

Assuming you have a wireless router and assuming your laptop's wireless is active and connected to your wireless router,assuming the SLC 5/05 is connected to the one of the router ports, assuming the router, the PLC and your PC's ethernet port are all in the same IP Subnet, then its a wireless IP issue.

To find out the wireless' assigned IP

Click the Start button
Click on Run
on the Open: command line, type CMD then OK
DOS Prompt window will pop open
click on the C:\"whatever your PC path name is" >
Type IPCONFIG then hit the <ENTER> key

the ip settings of the ethernet card and the wireless card will be displayed

There is only a ethernet switch attached to the processor.
For wireless do I setup the way I had setup for local connection.
Going into the TCP/IP and assigning it an ip address
I'm only detecting the local wireless connection.

Thanks

I don't have a wireless network that this SLC 5/05 is connected to.
I guess the ethernet port is only for hardwire and in order to get wireless the processor has to be connected to a wireless network.
Is this correct?
I have only a local wireless network.

kkaneko said:
I don't have a wireless network that this SLC 5/05 is connected to.
I guess the ethernet port is only for hardwire and in order to get wireless the processor has to be connected to a wireless network.
Is this correct?
I have only a local wireless network.

Exactamundo.
Connect the 5/05 to the local wireless network VIA a switch or 2, & you'll be able to get to it.