SLC/503 Shutting down intermittently w/no fault

MandoV_82

Hello everyone, I've been having a problem for the last week and a half with a 503 processor installed on a 10 slot chassis with 7 slot expansion rack. The 10 slot rack contains the processor and controls 1 side of the production line while the 7 slot expansion rack controls the second half. After running for a few hours the 10 slot rack shuts down and would restart automatically while the second half continued to run with no issues. I added additional instructions to prevent the restarting portion, i replaced emergency stop contacts and safety relays, I changed the power supply (1746-P4)(Each rack has its own power supply) and i also changed the 10 slot chassis. Over the weekend, the operator informed me that the same line shut down but did not re-start which is great at least, but i am confused as to why it shuts down. I suspect it is a heat issue since the panel doesn't have any circulation fans and the job site is located in Palmdale Ca which is usually really hot in the summertime. Any Ideas?

Heat sounds like a good one to me also... do you have another 5/03 (or other) that you can try? I have added small fans in the bottom of the cabinets to keep the air circulating in the past this was on large drives but it worked