SLC connected via AIC+ to Micrologix

FRPO

Hi, I have a little problem of understanding the AB-network, so I hope you can help/ fix my problem:

I take three Micrologix1000 and connect each of them to a single AIC+ module using the original AB-cable (MiniDIN on both side).
T. On the Micrologics are connected all used In- and Outputs and the software is running fine.

Now I want to build in a SLC 5/03 in another cabinet and want to control the Micrologix`s via fieldbus, which can be connected to the AIC+ modules (A,B,TERM,SHLD,...).

So I connect the SLC 5/03 and a AIC+ using the RS232 port (used original AB-cable P03)and then using the wires to the next AIC+.

When I connect to the SLC I only can see the SLC, when connecting to one Micrologix, I don`t see the SLC.

Is it possible to use this combination or is this case not supported? Which driver do I need and how they appear on my laptop screen (RSLinx)

Thx for your help!

Your SLC5/03' serial port must be configured for DH485 protocol. As well as all your ML1000's port ( DH485 protocol). All baud rates must match and each must have a different node address.. Then you must configure your SLC5/03 for passthru communictions ( see PDF below)

The PCMCIA card in your picture, is that AB 1784-PMCK card? If so then use its driver in RSLinx.

The above is if I read your problem correctly, if not someone else will be along to correct me.

Last edited:
Maschine runs...

Thx for your quick answer. I tried the DH485 driver but it doesn`t fit. First I thougt it`s only possible by using the "pass through procedure" to solve my pproblem. But there you must have a OS version higher than B... so I would need a firmware-update.

First I removed all drivers than I install the AIC+ driver. Next I take the AB-cable (9pin sub-D on both side, named ...CP3) and connect it to the SLC 5/03 and the serial port of my laptop. Than I changed the CH0-port to DH485...and lost connection to the SLC!

I took the AB-cable (round mini-DIN and 9pin sub-d) to the A+ nearby the SLC and connect my laptop to the mini-DIN plug. With the new driver (AIC+) and the configuration of the CH0 of the SLC all three Micrologic 1000 AND the SLC 5/03 appears using RSLinx. The bus is working right there and all the TX-Leds are working...connection established!

Now I only have to plug in the AB-touchpanel to the SLC via the RJ-45 plug on CH1. But there I have also no connection. The old software on the panel signs there is no known node reachable. I think I will try to change the settings on the CH1 via RSLogix but I hope I get the rigt one... ;-))

Thanks for your helpfully and fast answer!
Frenk