SLC - L33ER MSG FLOAT- INT And back

Thomas_Pabst

Hi Guys,
i read alot of post about converting from float to int and back again but apparently i cant get it to work...
*** ISSUE***
my issue is, i got a weight in SLC, (float (F33:44) which i need to send to L33ER PLC

I used this command in SLC - COP F33:44 N111 Dest N110:0 Length 2

Now in L33ER i have a scaling block i would like to fill in the Float value.

***Question ***
Is it correct just to COP Float value in to two integers? (if no, what means do i need to take, to make the conversion possible)
how do i recalculate the two integers into float

** note**
i don't my weight in decimals, but i need to know apporox 1-3 kg diviation...
(Weighing between 0-3000 kg) value is never negative.

thanks for the help..

Why not just message the float? -.- * complete silence* (if it works, i might :sick: spend some time to figure this out. )
I was informed to send Int. so thought, the SLC only were able to recieve int.
gotta check that.

and thanks for the links, and the quick answer
i will test it soon as possible..

SLC typed message can do INT and Floating Point
You can also send PLC5 typed message that supports even wider range of data types.

Hi

Not that I disagree with you Mickey (i actually do the same) but why do you prefer to read and not write.
I prefer as I can read the er bit from the message block and it saves using slc/plc 5 mapping in the clx., just like to know if there are other reasons

Donnchadh

Hi

Not that I disagree with you Mickey (i actually do the same) but why do you prefer to read and not write.
I prefer as I can read the er bit from the message block and it saves using slc/plc 5 mapping in the clx., just like to know if there are other reasons

Donnchadh

I want the PLC in control of things. I don't want another PLC/device having control of anything within the PLC (data files, logic).

"Please give me the info I want when I want it. Otherwise mind your own business."

Others on this site have stated that there is less overhead when reading. I don't have first hand knowledge of this though.

I always read rather than write when possible too. If you've got a factory full of 100 PLC's and you have a bit that keeps getting changed in your PLC that's not referenced anywhere in the code, and you have poor/non-existent documentation - well, good luck working out where the hell that data is coming from.

If all you ever do is serve up data for reading, and other PLC's come along and read it as and when they want it, everything is easily traceable.

I always read rather than write when possible too. If you've got a factory full of 100 PLC's and you have a bit that keeps getting changed in your PLC that's not referenced anywhere in the code, and you have poor/non-existent documentation - well, good luck working out where the hell that data is coming from.

If all you ever do is serve up data for reading, and other PLC's come along and read it as and when they want it, everything is easily traceable.

+1

That is what I was trying to say, just didn't know how to say it.