SLC500 CPU - Module Properties in RSLinx or RSLogix

hpsustar

Hello,

I am new to the industry and was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to check the module properties of the SLC500 series CPUs (specifically I am using SLC505) using ethernet comms and RSLinx or RSLogix500. When trying to use RSLinx and an ethernet devices driver, as I have done in the past with ControlLogix and CompactLogix modules, it does not give the option to see module properties. I am just wondering this in case I am in a plant somewhere and cannot see the physical module sticker on the physical unit and need to know what module I am dealing with and its properties. Can anyone point me in the write direction in figuring out this information? Thanks.

In RSLogix 500 you can double click on the IO configuration under the Controller portion of the tree. This will bring up a list of which cards are installed in each slot. This includes the part number and a brief description, but does not include firmware version. As far as I know, you will have to pull the module, with the power off, to get the rest of the data for the card.

You can right-click on the SLC-5/05's icon in the RSLinx Classic browse and select "Device Properties".

But the CIP Identity Object information that's listed there for Type/Code/Version isn't necessarily useful. The "Revision" listed there is not the Firmware Revision of the SLC or the EtherNet/IP daughtercard. And once the controller has a program with a name, the default Device Name that gives the Series / Revision isn't visible.

If the SLC-5/05 has its embedded Web server enabled, the series and revision and serial number information is available just by typing the IP address of the controller into a browser.

The SLC webserver got a little more sophisticated in Series C, but it's still pretty clunky. At least it's got an uptime value !