SLC500 HSRV Error 2057 Backplane is Disabled

CevinMoses

I'm looking for someone who may have seen this before I go swapping every part in the system. All of a sudden an existing project started producing a 2057 "Backplane Is Disabled" alarm. The project uses a SLC 5/03 processor, a SLC Servo card, a few input and output cards, an HSRV, and an Ultra 100 drive for single axis motion. The Config Invalid LED lights up when I try to load the configuration file, and I:1.4 is 2057. This could be because:

1) The SLC Servo Module lost backplane communications
2) I/O reset was detected
3) The backplane was disabled

Obviously this sounds like a backplane issue, and I guess the only thing I can do is start swapping SLC Servo card, backplane, and power supply until I find the problem. If anyone has seen this before, please let me know.

Thanks,
Cevin

One of the classic reasons why I never liked the HSRV.

This one was a combination of operator error and poor diagnostic information. The operator failed to change the proximity switches when he changed jobs, so the motion was pushing against a hard stop that should have moved out of the way (to the prox switches) prior to motion starting. Instead of giving me any indication of an overload or something, I got an error code for backplane communications. We have plans to update this machine to ControlLogix and CIP motion. It's days like this that I am really looking forward to that.