SLC500 RS232 issues

bingohighway

Hi Guys,

Help please!

I have an Allen Bradley SLC500 with 5/04 CPU, and having real trouble with the basics :)
I can get RSLinx Classic Lite to connect and I can see the counters going in the right direction. The software also picks up that it is a 5/04 CPU.

When I go into RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, and try and go online or upload, I get the message "Incompatible processor".

I have tried the key switch in prog and run.

The FLT light flashes from boot, but I suspect that is because it doesn't have a programme running.

Any ideas what to do next?

Cheers

C

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately the 'Micro' edition of RSLogix 500 cannot connect or handle SLC applications; only MicroLogix 1000 or 1100.

You will need at least 9324-RL0300ENE RSLogix 500 Standard Edition Offline/Online Programming for connecting to and handling SLC applications.

thanks! :)

Looks like the CPU is not faring too well anyway... I get a fault code of 0001h and based on what I'm reading, the it looks done for. Well, beyond my skill level, and/or more expense.

I have tried the "load from EEPROM" presented in the fault window and it loses comms.

I've tried a proper reset again (Vbb + GND, with the battery disconnected) and it doesn't change.

Any ideas before I return the CPU?

Thanks

C

Did you remove the EEPROM before you reset the PLC ?

Error 1h

Special attention to grounding and surge protection across inductive loads.

Last edited:
I didn't remove the EEPROM during reset and it's still in there... I'm not overly sure which chip it is as the only one that looks like it is removable is sandwiched between the two boards with about half an inch clearance. Plus it's pretty tight in there :)

What would you do?

Cheers
C