Small German Translation ?

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
All help appreciated, the text is this

ResetAsiMon.jpg

Its a reset instruction on a block that diagnosis an ASiSafe Monitor

please forgive any discrepancies here...

It has been years [decades] since I dabbled in the German language and this is mostly from my old dictionaries. The words in brackets are my assumptions to complete the sentence. To tell the truth parts do not make sense to me, I hope they do to you:

RESET [IN/BOOL]

·[font=&quot] [/font]At RESET = 1 becomes the initializing block.

·[font=&quot] [/font]This [state] is supposed to place the CPU at high run (SM0.1=1) at the onset of loss communications failure and/or the safety monitor seizes [or freezes up].

·[font=&quot] [/font]The communications is supposed to be supervises over a separate Watchdog [system]: You can change for a longer time at E_BIT_3 [and a not state], then RESET=1 becomes the rule, then the communications will be able to restart.

- RESET=1 will initialize chip.

- This should be used while booting (SM0.1=1) as well as on safety monitor communication loss

- Comunication should be monitored by separate watchdog. If the status of E_BIT_3 doesn't change over longer period of time, use RESET=1 to restart communication.

Here is my go at it. What is the prize ?

The block (*) will be initialised with RESET=1.

At startup of the CPU (SM0.1=1) and also at loss of communication, you should connect this to the safety monitor (**).

The communication should be monitored by a separate watchdog. If the status of E_BIT_3 doesnt change for a longer period of time, then the RESET=1 should be set. This to allow communication to restart itself.

*: I guess it is a program block that Baustein refers to.
**: I think that it means that the RESET input should be connected to a function of the the safety monitor. The safety monitor is probably a standard safety block that has an input or output for this purpose.