Small PLC program needed...HELP..

Thanks again...I will load this into the PLC once I am in the office again and get it fired up!

That should be no problem in helping others as it seems I am constantly doing this...I guess what goes around, comes around!

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

I woke up this morning thinking about your program. I think I made an error on Rung 3. The "RUN" contact there should be NC instead of NO, so that the Clock gets reset to 0 at the end of the previous test, and also when the Start Switch is Off. Here is Revision 3, the only difference being in Rung 3.

Hi Lancie1,

I loaded the compiled and loaded the program into the Micro3...Immediately upon giving an input at INPUT 0, I get an ERR1 output on the PLC...I think that OUTPUT 0 flases on momentarily then off and to the ERR1...

Something that I am doing wrong or something with the code?

thx
Mike

If an Output is going on, it could be that the Micro3 current overload protection is kicking in (Error 200h). You could have a short circuit in your wiring. The Error Codes are attached. There are many things that can cause the error light.

I would look first at the wiring, then at the Clock Commands. See Error Codes 200h and 800h. I have never actually used the Clock command before now, so I could have an error in the code dealing with the clock. I think all the rest is okay.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the error. I am very sorry, but I used the wrong clock command. Rung 3 should be CLKW instead of CALW. I must have clicked the wrong button for the clock selection. You can change it, or here is Revision 4.

Also take note of this and make sure you are not using the 10-point I/O unit:
The 16- and 24-point type Micro3 base units feature five real-time calendar and clock instructions used for programming the calendar and clock; CALR (calendar read), CALW (calendar write), CLKR (clock read), CLKW (clock write), and ADJ (adjust). These instructions cannot be used on the 10-point type Micro3 base unit.

Last edited:
Mike,

I am sorry for the error, but it happens.

I am not so great today either. That fire in Georgia has caused the air here to be smoky and my asthama is bad today, so I don't feeel too good either. Good luck. I will check back here often, in case you have more trouble. You can E-mail me direct also. See address in the program.

Hi Lancie1,

Hope the smoke is clearing out...Feel much better here now after a weekend of rest....I hope you're feeling better as well..

I downloaded R4 to the PLC...When I give the PLC the input to Input 0, nothing happens...Well, at least none of the outputs come on...So, I don't know if this is immediately going to the 3 hour count down prior to running the first test or if it is not working...

2 questions..
1. Can you have it run the first loop and then go for the 3 hour delay...loop...3 hour delay...loop...etc..? This way I can see the outputs right away rather than waiting the 3 hours...

2. Can you change the delay from hours to minutes (180 minutes?)..Then I can manually adjust the delay for testing purposes..

thx
Mike

Hello Mike,

I found another error in Rungs 4 & 5. I had the Clock Read and Clock Write commands switched on the 2 rungs. That error would keep it from running. EDIT: Also I see that Timer 1 on Rung 6 got deleted somehow. Here is revision 6.

Question 1 answer: It should first loop (if it runs at all) and then wait the remainder of the 3 hours Because the test takes 366 seconds (6 minutes & 6 seconds), then it will wait 173 minutes and 54 seconds.

Question 2 answer: The clock has 3 separate registers, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds. The minutes will never be greater than 59. I set it up to cycle every 59 minutes. Change S2 in Rung 5 to be anywhere from 7 to 59 minutes. To change back to hours, change S1 back to D0003 and S2 to how many hours you want the
cycle to be.

Last edited: