SMS with plc s7-300 progr. SCL

Dipsie

Hey guys,

I am bussy with programming an alarm that sends a sms with a gsm-modem and a Siemens plc s7-300. I need to program it in s7 scl. I don't know were to start. The communication between the modem and the plc is RS-232 with a CP-314 card. Did someone has some examples of it?

I hope that you guys can help me.

Greetz Dipsie

I thinks it's a CP340 you are using for this application ? ( you wrote CP-314)

You'll need the have a look on the data of the modem you'll branch with this card, especially to the AT commandos and the way your strings should contain your messages. Then you convert this to a some logic and integrate it into your program. This and a good understandig of RS-232 will do the trick.

I use to do this in STL as i don't have an SCL licence. ( I don't like SCL neither).

Good luck,
Stef

STL?

We are using SCL because the programming seems to be very complex. 20 alarms with 10 telefoonnummers by each alarm. Do you have an example of yours program in STL. If it's possible and surveyable, we can also better use STL. You can always send me a mail on [email protected]

Thanks,

Dipsie