snap shot in RsLogix 500

While Techsmith's "Snagit" is the gold standard for screen capture software, you can use Alt-PrintScreen and paste the screen into MS-Paint as a free way to get a quick screenshot. Be sure to crop the screen to show only the parts you want to post about.. nobody wants to see your whole desktop.

I use a screen capture utility called FastStone Capture (about $50 shareware). The convenience of auto-saving captures, the quick and usable editor for highlighting and draw ing, and especially the portable installation on a USB stick make it my favorite.

I use a screen capture utility called FastStone Capture (about $50 shareware). The convenience of auto-saving captures, the quick and usable editor for highlighting and draw ing, and especially the portable installation on a USB stick make it my favorite.

Add my vote for Faststone Capture - the capabilities of this tiny program (around 1MB) are truly outstanding. Version 5.3 is still "Free for Home Use" and will require a license for Commercial Use (Taken from the Help About on version 5.3. Later versions are not free in any guise, and do need licensing.

moz-screenshot-1.png

dmroeder, i guess you won't want to give Faststone a trial.

Yes, you can edit the capture.
You can output to the clipboard.
You can output to Printer.
You can output to File.
You can output to e-mail, it will launch your e-mail client and attach itself to a new e-mail.
You can also automatically add captions and watermarks to your captures.

all in a portable app that is only 1MB in size!

read about it here

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm