solenoid valve representation in wincc

catalin78

I am wondering how to represent a field with open /closed valve in wincc flex , i know how to create the dinamic field for values "1" and "0" logical but i don't have a clue about the graphics , should i represent a non energized valve with grey and an energized one green or should i blink the valve in operation or .... ?
Thanks

Sounds like it's just personal preference.

Usually, you'd want the energized state (if single ended) or maybe the "active" or "Work" state to stand out. Let them know it is on or that it is doing action.

WinCC Flex has some graphics built in but I don't think it has symbols for valves just pictures. In the past when I did a screen showing valves I would show the symbol and show green of on red for off. Now days I put a circle on the screen next to the manual control and just change the color.

Over the years, in WinCC or WinCC Flex, we always use 5 colors for valves and motors:

Gray - OFF
Blue - Manual ON
Green - Automatic ON
Brown - Automatic OFF (This unit was taken out from the Aut. sequence)
Red(Blinking)- Fault (when there is no return from valves with feedbak or motors).

Hope this helps.