sounds in wonder ware

RY_Guthrie

Im trying to sound an alarm when a tag value goes below a certain value. I am looking for just the manual that will explain that. Anybody know where i can find this info?

is it possible to just add a little buzzer or something off of a plc output? and trigger it when its below the setpoint

You can do this within script using the StartApp() command. You will find loads of documentation on the Wonderware Developers Network,Go here . I assume you are speaking about Intouch?

The only problem is it will keep the App window open depending on what you used there might be a way to close it in the background after Sound has played. I have not done this before but just opened normal files.

It it a alarm connected to an output? Is it an audio alarm on PC?