Special cable for Modicon Compact 984-A141?

KristienP

Yesterday one of the process engineers went to site and removed the battery from the PLC. Which appears to have wiped the program. It's from 1999 and super finicky.

Thankfully we were able to get a backup copy from the original contractor, who had done some work over the years at the plant.

PLC: Modicon Compact 984-A141
Software: ProWorx NxT v2.1

I have opened the backup copy of the program and appears to all be there. It's 100+ networks long. But no comments or tag names.

Do I need a special serial cable to download the program to this PLC? I have zero experience with this line of PLC.

I've never been able to figure out what a "standard" serial cable is.

I should have used the sarcasm font or an emoticon as I was kidding around.

My experience with serial communications goes back a ways and it seems like there are many versions of a serial cable.
*Are the connectors DB9 or DB25
*Male on both ends or only one end.
*Female on both ends or only one end.
*Are only only a 3 wire cable or do I need 5 or 6 wires
* What jumpers are needed?
*Etc., etc., etc.

Ah! I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. And turns out.. it is a special cable (I think..). A second conversation with the same guy at Schneider pointed me to the Pin Out in the NxT help file.
ProWorxNxT -- Help -- Contents -- Hardware -- Modbus Cables

PC - DB9 Female // PLC - DB9 Male
Pin1 -shield Pin1 (nothing)
Pin2 -------------------- Pin3
Pin3 -------------------- Pin2
Pin4 -------------------- Pin6
Pin5 -------------------- Pin5
Pin6 -------------------- Pin4
Pin7 _ Pin7 _
Pin8 _| (7+8 Jumper) Pin8 _| (7+8 Jumper)
Pin9 (nothing) Pin9 (nothing)

I need help with PC984-141

Hi, well actually I'm working , is summer in México and I want to learn more that my carrer, I'm studying mechatronic engineering, so the problem is that in my job we have a job with a PC984-141, we need know which software we need to connect and download data of the computer, so I hope that someone can answer me x) Thanks!