Specifying a PLC

jake

As an individual who has absolutely no experience in PLC's, I need to start somewhere. Apparently I need to select my PLC in part by determining the number of inputs and outputs I need. Should I count one input for each sensing device (photo eyes or prox switches in this case) and one output for each reacting device (motors)? Or is there more to it? I do have some associates with more experience . . . on vacation right now. I'd like some input. Thanks

Hi Jake,

Now I'm no expert, but have read that when selecting the size(number of I/O) of the PLC, that you should add 40% of what is needed, just incase you may have missed something or mainly for future expansion of the thing that the PLC will be used on.

Hope this helps!
Deke

Similar Topics

As an individual who has absolutely no experience in PLC's, I need to start somewhere. Apparently I need to select my PLC in part by determining...
Replies
Views
Hey, I'm having trouble thinking about this one... If I have a roll (20lbs), sitting on a roller with bearings and it takes very little to cause...
Replies
Views
I have a question regarding some calculations I'm doing... I find that most of our motors are around 1/2HP, so for some applications we may...
Replies
Views
I was wondering how people go about picking the right motor and gearing combination. If I need a 1/2hp motor and need to change the gearing to...
Replies
Views
I need to setup a trigger as an unsched event specified to bit level. I can do this currently to word level, but it is kind of a waste. I do not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom