Spectrum 2080-SDMEMRTC-SC

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Anyone use them? I bought a couple and I am going to start using them to flash the firmware but since I have a IF2 in slot one and this is the location that the 2080-SDMEMRTC-SC needs to be installed on wondering if I can flash the firmware and load the program then removed the module and put it into run or the only thing I can do is firmware update and not the program? read the manual and it does not state anything that I could see about if you have a module in the first slot and still wanted to use the SC

I think the problem you will run into is the processor isn't necessary going to know there is a memory module installed until you configure it have one there. Once you configure it to be in slot one it kinda defeats what you're trying to do. The other thing worth noting it that you must have firmware version 12 in the PLC for it to accept the module so you can't take a new one out of the box and update the firmware unless it already has FW version 12. Having said that, that module is covered free of charge by Rockwell's Tech Connect so I'd give them a call. You do have to use the phone number on Spectrum's web page. It takes you to a group that is trained in Spectrum products and they are setup to use Spectrum's account.