Square D Sy/Max Model 300 Processor

ranjana

Need software / Manual for Square D Sy/Max Model 300 Processor. One of my customer who is into pallet manufacturing has a Viking Pallet Machine from US. The machine was installed in 1990's it came with
Square D Sy/Max Model 300 processor with the below configuration:
1. CPU - Model 300 processor
channel 2(RS-232 port) of which is connected to a Loader / Monitor which show Alfanumeric messages like " cycle start / stop ". but now this loader some times work and some time the display shows
"cycle-stop" even though the cycle is running.

2. Class 8030 Type PS25 Power supply

3. Class 8030 Type HRK-100 I/O Rack Assembly

4. Class 8030 Type HIM-131 8 point 12-24vac/dc input module - 4 nos.

5. Class 8030 Type HOM-221 8 point 120Vac output module - 4 nos.

We donot have the ladder logic printout and also now our brander and staker are also not working. so we thought of getting this software to rectify the problem. Is it possible to solve it through the Loader/monitor. Also i donot have any manaul for Loader / monitor

Is there programming manual available for download.

Many thanks

Square D PLCs are now part of Schneider Electric (the same guys as Modicon and Telemecanique).

No, it is not possible to solve your problem using the loader/monitor which allows access (view or modify) to the registers and bits but not the ladder logic. Also the unit can be set up to display ASCII messages generated by the processor. You can download the user manual at http://squared.banta-im.com/SquareD...ge_id=EN&ticket=5850141415597547558017918658.

The programming software is part number 8010SFW472 the programming manual is not available on-line, but according to the Square D website "This document can be ordered by call Bob Rakoski @ 919-855-1168".

Thanks Jim Dungar,

I tried the web address that you gave and when i click the view/download now i get the message " the page cannot be found".

So please help me out.

Also is this software available for sale now. whom should we contact Group schnider ? or ?

What kind of cable is that . simple RS232 or ?

Many thanks

Sy/Max PLC

I just tried the link I gave you, and got the same error. The page must not be active.

Yes the software is available.
For more information on support for Sy/Max you can try http://www.gsia.org/.

All Square D Symax parts and software should be available from your local Square D, Schneider Electric, or Groupe Schneider supplier (the exact one depends on which country you are in).

The Symax ports are RS422. the word structure is 11 bit consisting of: 1 start, 8 data, 1 parity (even), and 1 stop bit. Programming cables, with port a powered RS232 to RS422 convertor, are available from Niobrara R&D at http://www.niobrara.com/.