Stahl Remote I/O to RSLogix 5000

zJaybird

I currently have a RStahl Ethernet Remote I/O which talks Modibus TCP/IP on our network and would like for it to talk to a 1756-ENBT card installed in a chassis with a 1756-L62 processor. I have created a generic Ethernet module within the existing 1756-ENBT card with the settings supplied by RStahl. Input 142/134 8 bit
Output 132/134 8 bit
Config 107/0 8 bit

I can communicate with the RStahl Ethernet Device, using Pactware, and observe the data coming into the Remote I/O. I unfortunately am not sure I cam seeing that same information in the controller tags created within the RSLOGIX program. Has anybody attempted this before and have a solution.

I had the set up the Generic Ethernet Module as a Data-SINT or I get an I/O error. I tried to convert the Data-SINT to a INT data type, but it still doesn't give me the data I was hoping for.

Let me know what other information you might need, as this is generic

Thanks

I'm pretty sure ENBT's only talk Ethernet IP protocol, so to talk to a Modbus TCP/IP device you're going to need a protocol converter. I would recommend Real Time Automation protocol gateways or something similar...Prosoft makes them, etc. I used the RTA one on a recent project and like it a lot...affordable, easy to set up.

I finally figured it out. I was given an excel spreadsheet that mapped out how the data points where being brought into the PLC. That information was wrong. I finally figured out how the data was coming in and with a COP instruction to change the data from a SINT to an INT and then the SCP instruction to scale the analog inputs....it is up and collecting data.
Thank you