start/stop motor

sachin10

hello All,

i have some requirements from customer that when they give us a signal then my machine motor starts and when signal goes low motor should stop.

if you look at the prog i have ready to run from customer when i press start button and i have high signal then motor starts.
and in network 2 when signal goes law at that time box is not in machine and outfeed sensor is clear then motor stops.
now when i get high signal again it doesnot start i have to press start button manually to run .
is there any way i can change the programme to start and stop from customer signal.

please advice.
thanks friends

Capture.jpg

You are using set/reset %1.0start and %1.1stop that is two buttons.
The customer wants one signal so these two need to be integrated into one button. with a parallel branch NO on the start and a parallel branch NC on the stop. Hope this helps.

welcome to the site
don't you just need an MCR function
when the customers signal goes high the machine is enabled
when it is low it is disabled
not certain about your other requirements

Customer signal

Hi Rigicon,

can you please look at the attachement and let me know is it the solution.
when i press start button motor starts and when i get low signal in network 2 motor reset and again
when i get high signal motor automatically starts.

please let me know is it right logic or wrong. because in this case if i open guard door i1.4 denergize and stops motor. and when i press reset it starts straight away.
i want to press manual start button to start rather than running directly from parallel NO ready to run signal.

Capture1.JPG

No just put a normally open ready to run contact in series with the lot
That's apparently what you have been asked for I think

Can you please look at the attachement and let me know is it the solution.
No, it is not a working solution, and there is no way to ever make it a smart, efficient, good solution. At best you could make it into a dumb, inefficient, poor solution.

Why not get rid of the Set and Reset and use a plain old Output for your motor. Then you can turn that into a good solution.

Now when I get high signal again, it does not start. I have to press the start button again manually to run. Is there any way I can change the program to start and stop from customer signal?
Yes, but you should put a sign on the machine: WARNING !!! THIS MACHINE WILL START AUTOMATICALLY. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A DANGEROUS POSITION.

Do it like the attached picture with one rung and eliminate having to some of the bits more than one time. With Set and Reset, you can get it latched on or latched off at the wrong time. Also the instruction for your STOP BUTTON was incorrect. It should be open to look at a closed physical contact.

When the "Ready to Run" signal goes ON, it will start and run. If "Ready to Run" goes off, it will stop. You can also stop it with the PAUSE button as long as you hold your finger on the button. You cannot Start it unless "Ready to Run" is ON. (Of course it will start automatically then anyway. It is not easy to eat the cake, but still have some left).

Customer Signal to Motor- sachin10.JPG

Last edited:
This version with two rungs would be much better. (See attached picture).

Customer Signal to Motor- sachin10.JPG

Last edited: