Step 7 question: Upload S7-300 program from the CPU?

bobby1234

Hello everyone,

I had question regarding Step 7 Pro 2004 and S7-300 CPU. I have finished programming the CPU (port of AB program to S7 processor). Is it possible for someone to upload ladder and scl code downloaded into the PLC using Step 7 or some other software provided by Siemens? I was concerned about the routines which have propreitary algorithms implemented which should not be available to the customer.

Any information will be really appreciated.

bobby1234

they will be able to upload your code and see it in STL anyway.
And depends on your code, they might be lucky to even see it in LAD.

Though there are some protection tools like Know-How protectin (which can be easily broken btw) etc, incl self-designed protection types...

Hi everyone,
I am facing a problem to program a keyence kz-24t plc. there is no option to program this plc in ladder builder for kv Trial software.
Muhammad Murtaza
Sheikhupura