Step7 insanity PID "stuck"

dahnuguy

Sometimes............the PID DB reverts to default variables.

And today, after weeks of running just fine.........as in 3 or 4 weeks, I get this odd situation where the PID out is 100% but the pulse out is 0..........so I recompile and stand up sit down download and go online and then it was on with the output at 100%.

A few minutes latter I noticed the set point was lower than the PV and the analog output of the PID was zero but the pulse out was still 1!!!!!!.

I remember something I read about how you have to tell the PID to remember the settings in the DB that is supposed to be retentive anyway.

I need to see if I can find that, but why oh why would a PID get stuck on or off?

Or how could it?

If this is another Siemens "gotcha" I might have to break something.

I so hope I did something stupid.

PID02.jpg