STEP7 Microwin4.0SP8 Uninstall

bayeibrahima

Hell to all
I was uninstalling STEP7, but the system prompted me the message on doc1 (see attached docs)
I've used the advanced method mentionned on doc2 and it seemed to be uninstalled
But when I try installing again; the message prompt on doc3 appears.
I've restarted the pc many times but there's no result and the installing stops.
Hope someone help
Best regards.

Please format your OS and install new copy of OS after that install your MicroWin V4.0 SP8.
For most present-day computers, re-installing the Operating System is not a good solution for most problems. Doing that means you will lose a lot of system updates, and other files that have been installed since the last system installation. That solution would involve a lot of time and effort for not much gain.

Editing the registry files (using \WINDOWS\regedit.exe if it is a MicroSoft Windows computer) and doing a search to find, then delete all registry references to "Step 7" and "Microwin" would likely do the same job, but with much less time and effort.

STEP7 Microwin4.0SP8 Désinstaller

Hello Lancie
yes you are right,I spent 2 days installing softwares and ressources
Since then I'm looking at the registry but I still not find anything referencing to step7; but anyway I'll continue to search
thanks for your different posts
Best regards

Hello guys, it finally works
I've deleted the "STEP7-MicrowinV4.0" on the directory C:/Programfiles/Siemens/STEP7-MicrowinV4.0 and reinstalled again
Thanks Bryan; Lancie and Nirupam for your posts
Best regards

Since then I'm looking at the registry but I still not find anything referencing to step7;
You were probably not using the real Windows Registry Editor, or not seaching for "Step 7", "MicroWin", or "Siemens".

Registry Editor needed only about 15 seconds to find the first reference to "Step 7" on my computer system registry (as shown in the attached picture). If I had deleted this folder, and then continued by clicking "Find Next", then I am sure (based on prior experience) that when Registry Editor reached the end of the registry, all references to "Step 7" would have been deleted (and all Step 7 programs uninstalled).

Registry Edit- Step 7.jpg

Last edited:
bayeibrahima STEP7 Microwin4.0SP8 Désinstaller

Hello Lancie; I've exactly followed the procedure mentionned on doc2 and theorically all STEP7 references were deleted; but when reinstalling it prompted to uninstall the previous version
I don't know what happened as I've already uninstalled.
Thanks for your contribution

The step below was the fly in the ointment (the problem) with the Doc2 method.
Open the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall
Starting the registry search at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE means that 8 to 12 references (in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT or HKEY_CURRENT_USER ) to Step 7 are above this level and will not get deleted. (RegEdit only makes one pass starting at your position in the registry and searching to the end, and does not wrap back around to your starting point. For example, your registry search missed the "MicroWin.exe" folder and the ".PRJ" folder in the top folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT .) Then STEP 7 will see those and refuse to install again until they are deleted. I always start my searches at "My Computer" (the base registry folder) to make sure that all parts of a program are found (so that I may then delete them).

But you got the job done anyway, but I was just pointing this out in case you have to do it again to uninstall another program.

Last edited:

Hello Lancie
I have the envy to call you "DOCTOR"; doctor Lancie
Thank you very much for your shiny contribution.
I'll consider this; the next time; I did not know about that.
Best regards