Step7 - Peculiar behaviour when viewing Block online

RMA said:
The strange thing is that Peter's code doesn't change from comparing the #IW current count with #SW_PAU, the Pause time, to comparing it with #SW_Imp, the Impulse time. The counter always runs to 10 secs instead of alternating between 10 and 5 secs, which are the values I'm using at present. This is also happening with my backward counting, modified, version of the original FC (with Impuls as IN_OUT).

Because the problem is external.

It has to EIN, its the only thing.
I've just tried changing the #EIN feed to a Marker Bit that I can switch separately from the VAT - no difference, both versions of the program output after the delay time - caught every time in another Marker, but the #Impuls Marker Bit only blinks occasionally in the VAT, which assume means that it's only on for a single cycle.

On your second call of FC413, Ein should be "K1_FG_Takt_Entleerung" and not "K1_FG_takt".

As I mentioned in post 57, I've already checked that and they are OK. IN meantime, as I mentioned above in post 62, I've changed the #EIN feed to a Marker Bit that I can control directly from the VAT - no change!

I'm in the process of creating a new project with only the relevant bits in it, then we'll see what that produces.

does the valve output (I'm guesing that is what "K1_FG_Y4032" is) drop out (even if for one scan)

Code:
U	 "K1_FG_Y4032"; 
	 SPB NW_2; 
	 SET ; 
	 R	 "oK1Y4032so"; 
	 R	 "K1_FG_takt"; 
	 R	 "K1_FG_Takt_Entleerung"; 
	 L	 0; //CLR Restzeit Anzeige
	 T	 "Zeiten".K1_Abschl_IW_Pause;

Yes, the valve output is directly switched from the Marker Bit which is driven by #Impuls in the last NW in FC164 behaves identically with the Marker Bit. In the VAT it's visible on the occasions when the Marker Bit is on.

However, in the meantime I've discovered that the program functions fine - actually all three versions, in my newly created mini-project with the copied blocks. So the problem is definitely external, which is more than a little worrying!

I think we'll be creating a new, clean version of the program tomorrow!

Thanks to one and for all the help and suggestions so far.