Strange Issue wit RSLinx and ControlLogix

rthornton

It has been a while since I have used RSLinx extensively, but I do not remember ever seeing anything like this.

We have a customer whose C-more will only communicate with his ControlLogix via Ethernet (ENBT)if the PC is connected through RSLinx. If the PC is not connected, the C-more and ControlLogix do not communicate.

Here is the wierdest part. The PC can be connected either DF1 or Ethernet to the PLC and the C-more and ControlLogix will comm.

it almost sounds like the cmore is setup to use opc via rslinx. not sure if the cmore has that capability but thats what it sounds like. what does the comm setup in the cmore look like?

Make sure you are using Allen Bradley EtherNetIP CLient Tag-Based{Control/Compact logix]
I would agree, it does sound like RS linx is using acting as an OPC server, the C-more does not need RSlinx to communicate. If I figure out how to add an image to this I will show my setup screen for a project I just did with the same setup.

Last edited: