Strange RSVIEW32 Issue

rbnice1

I have a customer with some old RSVew32 projects and they needed a cheap solution to be able to keep running them. So I was able to use a prosoft DH+ to Ethernet gateway and run them on a VM. We are testing them now and I have a couple weird issues.

Issue 1: When the run time is run on 1 of the screens there are 6 numeric displays that show no values. Just a box. However If I stop the project and just load the individual screen it shows all the values. As well as in test mode using works it shows correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

Issue 2: This may have been a issue on the original system as well. But I notices I also get some weird errors. 1 error shows up as: channel 2 error - Transaction size plus word address is too large. Will have to get the other errors later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUWkWHRCiFyP7bRuTb_lsgwE4IZGKROP/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I find a lot of error like those clear up by deleting the \cache folder before running the project. Especially if you have made tag changes.

Will give that a try in the morning. Still seems odd that the data shows up in test but not in run mode.
When running the project is there any VBA or other services like events that’s being called that may interfere with the tags or graphics?

What version of RS View do you have and which OS did you install it on? RS View V7.6 is the only version that is officially supported for Windows 7 32-bit. Less than that version would only be officially supported on Windows XP Pro 32-bit or lower. But even if V7.6 is Win7 compatible, I would stick to Windows XP because of DH+.

It is running winxp SP2 on a virtual machine. And I'm running rsview32 7.20 because that is what the customer gave me. I tried deleting the folder RDMDATA in the cache folder but the problem persists.