Strange RSlogix 500 data addresses

Yeah the way Logix software displays the base value instead of the indexed value was always a drawback to indexing. Because other instructions can manipulate the index register we were always told to move the pointer value to the index immediately before referencing the indexed address.

OG

Indexing can cross the file barrier, and I think it's the only method of addressing that is able to do that, which is the reason for doing as you have described. Indexing can create some hard crashes that are daunting to troubleshoot.

But when indirection has to be used I prefer indexing because of the scantime issues that indirect addressing causes. There's a legacy CIP system I maintain that has a scan time approaching 6000 ms because it's all indirection.

Similar Topics

I have tried to resolve 2 strange issues I am having with RSLogix 500. I have tried to figure them out myself and called Rockwell tech support but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am running somebody else's RSLogix 5000 code in Emulate and I run into the situation shown in picture "Strange001.LPG", attached. In my...
Replies
Views
I was troubleshooting as to why a pump wouldnt start the other day and came across some strange goings on in RSLogix 5. If you watch the video...
Replies
Views
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the Micrologix 1400 has the Compute (CPT) instruction available. But my problem is this: The two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am facing an issue with my Commander SK that I cannot solve on my own, I am struggling on it since several days :confused: The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom