Strange RSLogix 500 issues

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have tried to resolve 2 strange issues I am having with RSLogix 500. I have tried to figure them out myself and called Rockwell tech support but to no avail. I am using version 6.0 of RSLogix running on Win XP Pro.

1. When I try to insert a bitmap into the title page of a report I get this message:

"This file exceeds the .BMP file limit of 0 bytes! Select a .BMP file that is 0 bytes or less!"

So far I haven't been able to come up with any bitmap files that meet this condition. :confused:

Inserting bitmaps worked fine in previous versions of RSLogix.

2. I have one project that always opens with the lower part of the Data file and Program file windows hidden from view. This means that I can't see the Program file tabs or the scroll arrows. I always have to go to Window > Arrange and then click ok (Default Window arrangement is already selected). When I do this the windows pop up and I can see the File tabs and the scroll arrows.

The odd thing is that this only happens with ONE project. bawling

I know this is not a big deal but it is very annoying not to be able to figure it out.

no clue on #1

for #2 try clicking File from the main menu - then click Load/Save Workspace and see what you find ... sounds like someone has set up a "default" workspace for that one file ... once you resave it with the default workspace turned off, you shouldn't have any more problems ...

Ron,

You're the man! (y) That did it. Thanks for the help. Don't know why I and Rockwell tech support missed that.

Randy