Stratix 5200 DLR Ring Supervisor Problem

CornCobBob

Hello,

I have a small DLR ring set up in a lab that consists of 1 Stratix 5200 and 2 ENTR/Cs. I am having an issues only on recovery of the ring fault in this small network. The setups is:

Stratix G3 (DLR Port) connected to EN2TR 1 connected to EN2TR 2 connected back to Stratix G4 (DLR Port).

The Stratix is set to ring supervisor with beacon interval of 200 microseconds, timeout at 400 microseconds. EN2TR 1 is set to backup supervisor.

Pulling the connection between the EN2TRs and replacing the cable back yields nothing negative, pulling either of the connections between the Stratix and either EN2TR yields nothing negative. However, pulling a cable from the Stratix to either ENT2R card, then plugging it back in results in either 1 or both of the cards not responding for a period of probably 4-5 seconds. I also notice the lights on both of the DLR ports (on stratix) are both flashing for a period of about 2 seconds, then the disconnection occurs to the cards after one of the Stratix port goes solid like it is in a blocking state.

I've set the Stratix as a regular DLR node with both EN2TRs as primary and backup supervisors and I can't replicate the issue. We would prefer the Stratix be the active supervisor for this ring when we put it into production.

Any thoughts about this issue?
1710272646715.png

Last edited: