Stratix 5700 - slower than molasses in January

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Just a sanity check here.

Is the Stratix 5700 Web Interface supposed to be slower than molasses in January, or do I have a problem here with one?

When I type in the IP address of the switch in Edge or Chrome, it can take upwards of 2-3 minutes before the Dashboard is loaded.

Any clicks to any other menu options are equally as slow.

60+ second boot time?

What am I mising?

Web interface is usually slow, not 2-3 minutes though. Being Cisco boot time is normal usually upwards of 60sec.
Using SSH and CLI is superior if your comfortable setting the switch without the GUI.

They can depending on how many other switches you are going through to get to it. But if your plugged right into it, it should only take 30 seconds worst case.
Could be old firmware too.

1-2 minute boot time is normal from what I recall. I have experienced the minute long page loads as well. The 5700s have always been annoying slow for me. Occasionally, some of the pages load relatively quickly for some reason.

Yes, I've also experienced moderate slowness both with the bootup and the web interface, but not quite 2-3 minutes slow.

I would say there is a configuration issue if pages are that slow to load. Boot time is definitely slow across the board with all Cisco-based switches. One minute or a little more is pretty typical. But once it is up and running, the individual pages should load fairly quickly. That has always been my experience with both older and newer firmware.

OG

I guess I am not alone. I had this as well. Extremely sluggish response time, the web interface was so slow. I noticed the firmware was out of date, so I upgraded it to no avail. This was back in September/October last year.

Maybe it was a configuration issue but I could not solve it.