stretch wrap machine not working

i am so happy! the sensor that counts the rounds on the turn table was our problem... thank you to all who contributed!! we greatly appreciate it!!

That's great!
If you could bear with me a bit longer, but could you list which sensor connects to which input? I know /2 and /3 are the limit switches, and /8 is the start button, and /4-/7 take the bits from the thumbwheel.

/0 and /1 have to do with the over wrap (two settings?)

that leaves four i.e. /9-/12; I think one of them is not used in the program. can you tell us what sensors are on the other three?

Thanks,

I0,I1 are not overwrap(OFF,LO,HI)

The overwrap inputs should be I10, I11. Make sense with timer presets.

I1 is ON,

I0 not ON and do the counting C5:0

I0,I1 are not overwrap(OFF,LO,HI)

The overwrap inputs should be I10, I11. Make sense with timer presets.

I1 is ON,

I0 not ON and do the counting C5:0

Whoops, right, I was going from memory and @git's notes.

Yes, /0 triggers incrementing the C5:0 CTU. also the C5:0 reset when C5:0 is done, which reset must wait until the trigger is 0 to avoid the false count.

So /0 is probably the turntable sensor?

The feature is usually called banding. Adding extra wraps at the top and bottom stabilise the pallet for logistics, transport and stacking.

Hi @rodneyhostetler, I know you have moved on, but you might want to use a sharpie or a labeler and put something like the image below on the input cover/bezel, for diagnosing issues in the future; something similar for the outputs would be useful too. I expect summat like this might have saved some time in the current case.

I am not too sure about the sense (meaning of lit vs. unlit) of inputs 9-11, but some experimenting with the Wrap pattern and Overwrap switches should clear it up.

The code itself is a bit of a mess, with unnecessary and confusing code (typical issue in second image). That said, it does work, but decoding what it does and adding comments might help with future diagnostics. You could even do something fancy where, as long as the turntable encoder/sensor is sending pulses, the status light (O:/4) would pulse at a rate determined by where in the cycle it is, so if the flashing stopped you would know something was wrong.

It's been a fun puzzle. Welcome to the forum.

Untitled.png

Untitled23.png