Studio 5000 Analog Output Logic Help

Jim Diesel

Hey guys,

I'm a novice programmer and looking to learn how to create logic for an analog output to control a VFD. I've taking the Logix Designer level 1 CCP 299 & Logix 5000 Programmer Certificate CCP 250. Those classes never went into logic for AI/AO control.

I need to program logic so that I have two set points for speed. I thought I could just use a Bit to control a Move function, use the Source as a INT and the Dest the Analog Output. I tried this with a project I had on my PC, I noticed when I built the logic it showed as an error. What would be the best practice on creating logic for this and I'm pretty sure I've seen RS500 logic that worked as a Bit and MOV.

Thanks

LOGIX.jpg

What is the scaling of your AO card set for?
I usually do mine 0-100% = 4-20mA
You also have to make sure the AO limits match you output parameters.
Most AO card channels are REAL numbers, you need to make your setpoints REAL also.

Check the scaling of the analog output channels you are using (like Ken Moore said). Right click on the module (module 8) and go to Properties.

Also I think the correct way to select a channel is "Local:8:O.Ch1Data" not "Local:8:O.Ch1Data.1", this might be why you're getting the rung error. (I'd check it for you myself but I don't have RSLogix software right now.)