Studio 5000 and Zebra Printer ZT411

RahmanMarjono

Hi All,

I currently have an issue to establish connection between my PLC to Zebra Printer. On my side don't have the ASCII card Module to use as the connection.

Would like to know if anyone knows how to establishes the connection between Studio 5000 (PLC-1769 and Zebra Printer ZT411) because I still trying to figure out to make the connection.

Current state - I already added the new module for the 'Link-OS Printer' on my PLC but still the state connection is still faulted. On ZT411 Zebra Printer already assign the IP same as on PLC. Do I miss something on the connection?

There is another approach. Use socket communication.
Hi L33er,

May I know how to use the Socket Communication, I have experience using this method TCP-IP on siemens PLC. So, for this AB I'm still new.

Do you happen have a sample program or Program that using Zebra Printer using the socket communication? from what I know from the past experience with Zebra Printer, the connection is Open-Loop, as I only able to send the Configuration file & Data File for the Print and I didn't get any feedback from the Printer if the job is Done or not. Didn't know if this will be applied as same condition as PLC Siemens.

Hi All,

... On ZT411 Zebra Printer already assign the IP same as on PLC ...

In an IP network there should never be 2 devices with the same IP.

You must assign a different IP to the printer within the same subnet.

In your PLC program you can try to establish a TCP connection,a socket, with the printer's IP and send ASCII printing commands through this connection without the need for any additional module in the PLC.

He added a link-OS module in the PLC with the same IP address that he set for the printer.

If indeed, he set both PLC & printer with the same IP address, then he should not be doing any control work at all, imo. LOL.

@widelto, I dont think your EIP firmware gonna work with the ZT411.

Unfortunately, it's not just firmware they give you. There is a single use activation code that has to be entered to load it. That's how they enforce the option being paid for per printer.