STUDIO 5000 MSG Dynamic Path Change

boxenough

I need assistance with writing a logic for sending data from a Station PLC using 1 MSG instruction to an AGC PLC in every cycle using a CIP Data Table Write MSG instruction.

In each cycle, a new AGC will enter the station, and the data needs to be written to the newly entered AGC.

Each AGC PLC has a different IP address, and the IP addresses vary in length.
For example:
XXX.XXX.XX.XX
XXX.XXX.XX.XXX
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ,x, xx etc.

In this project, I have 200 AGC PLCs communicating with 1 Station PLC.

I cannot add these AGC PLCs in my IO tree and find their Path via GSV as the number of devices is very high.

I need to write a logic to dynamically generate the IP address and change the IP address path of this MGS instruction

Facing issues with Length byte and the rack position byte, if you have any example or any ideas that can help , please share, thanks in advance.

MSG Path string must have even number of bytes padded with 0 byte if necessary.

I usually use example from the DLR AOI (part of the Network Device Library in PCDC). There also PathToHex AOI that convers any string path to the MSG instruction Hex-based path.

I ended up calculating length of each IP address string and then move the length character to the master string and concated everything together to create this msg path. Thanks for the help.