Studio 5000 - MSG Instruction

SOTS is how much off the cpu time can be dedicated to tasks other than the continuous/scheduled tasks. It covers a lot of pieces, such as ethernet comms, messaging, trends, serial comms, pc connection for upload/download and online, etc. The higher the percentage assigned, the higher the ratio of cpu time available for background tasks vs. cpu time dedicated to continuous. Message instructions placed in the continuous task can be set to execute as soon as last message completes or errors, but in all of the processes we have, i don't need data that quickly, so i still put them in scheduled tasks so i don't use more cpu on comms than i really need.

Similar Topics

I need assistance with writing a logic for sending data from a Station PLC using 1 MSG instruction to an AGC PLC in every cycle using a CIP Data...
Replies
Views
In Studio 5000 is there any way to change the path for a MESSAGE datatype during runtime? I want to be able to set the same Path(IP address)...
Replies
Views
Is there any good way to send actually messages to another PLC? The MSG instruction isn't really a message it just continuously writes to a tag...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. Not posted on here for a long time, but I am hoping someone can help me. I am doing a differential pressure calculation in a L27ERM...
Replies
Views
Hi, how do I convert 2x Integer registers to a Real? The two integers are from Modbus registers that contain a floating point value, I need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom