Lifetime Supporting Member
PLC is a 1769-L30ER

PID instruction.

Setpoint = 26687
PV = 13537
Control Action = SP-PV.

Error should = 26687 - 13537 = 13150

Error listed as -836.45???

I can't figure out what is happening here. The PID seems to be calculating a bogus error. This is then driving the PID to not increase the command.... Any help?

PID.png

I figured it out but I don't know why. The scaling tab had max values lower than current SP value. I increased the max values to higher than what I'd expect to see for SP and the PID error is calculating correctly.

Similar Topics

I'm setting up a PID for a 50hp RO pump in a water treatment plant. When I go to manual mode on hmi I set the swm bit, I also ons the pid output%...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm using Studio 5000 ver 30 to modify existing logic that has PID, and I want to be able to use an external/remote source as a setpoint...
Replies
Views
In this routine, i have an issue where when "lineSpeed" is changed, the PID loop math does not appear to be working out correctly and if I'm only...
Replies
Views
It is now an add on license option for $ 713 After a week of nobody @ Rockwell being able to tell me why my Auto tune was grayed out... I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of any sample code for an analog process simulator? I'm looking to test out some PID tuning methods but would rather have the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom