Studio 5000 v 30 computability with compact logixs

arifbalti

Dear all,

I have studio 5000 v30(only) installed on my laptop. From last two days I am trying to upload program from compact logixs, I configured Ethernet driver in rslinks , I can see the PLC and io cards in rslinks as well. When I tried to upload it giving bellow error.

"Failed to upload.
The controller you requested contains firmware 24.11.
Logics designer support for this revesion is not installed."

1-Do I need to install version 24.x ?
2- can we upload program from lower firmware version PLC with higher version of studio 5000?

Thanks,

Thanks both of you.

I have license studio 5000 v30 licence activated on my laptop. If I install v 24 is there any affect on my activated license.

Thanks

No, there shouldn't be an issue with the activation but I "think" they recommend installing the version in order. V20,V21.....V3x

HTH