Studio 5000 (V32.03) Ladder Window display can not be edited

ShhhhhLorz

Got a repaired laptop back from warranty and loaded it up with all my software, unfortunately with my version V32.03 Studio 5000 I cannot change the ladder window background color. Its currently set the bright white default not matter what color I choose and accept changes. I've tried loading different versions of studio but can't seem to get it to change to something less distracting.

Does anyone have a fix for this or point me in the right direction? RA where no help. Programming with a white background gives me a headache fairly quickly :(

I tried it in my v32.02 and it worked. It carried over to v34 as well. If you have another version installed, I'd try changing it there too. Couple of other things to try:
1) Press and hold left-Ctrl and left-shift while opening the software. Hold buttons until it finishes loading all the way. That's supposed to restore all default settings. Then try to change it again.
2) Right-click on the executable and "Run as Administrator".
Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions, I did try them with no luck but I ended up figuring it out. Our programs are protected and are view only, and the source code file that the program was looking at was empty. I configured the security settings to look for the actual SC file and for some reason the colors and fonts started working correctly again.

That's.....really crazy. I wouldn't think that source protection would affect the background color, but there you are...
<sigh>

Also: thank you for posting the solution. That will probably help someone in the future.