Studio 5000 Emulate won't download (v32)

scantech

I am a big fan of developing in Logix Emulate when I don't have access to a live PLC. That said I am running into an issue with not being able to go online with my controller. I'll go through my setup:

Studio 5000 Emulate version 32 with:
v32 controller in slot 0 with 65536 kb Memory
FT Linx driver moved to Slot 15
RSLinx driver moved to Slot 16

RSLinx Classic:
AB_VBP-1 Virtual Chassis driver running

Studio 5000:
Emulate 5570 Studio 5000 Logix Emulate Controller in slot 0
Revision 32.-11

When I browse to go online, I can expand the VBP driver but the "Go Online", "Download", and "Upload" buttons are all gray

I have reinstalled Logix Emulate with no change

I am attaching a screenshot.

I don't know what I am missing here, open to suggestions please.

emulate_no_download.png

Answered with Rockwell Knowledge Base BF1921. Posting the steps here in case anyone else comes across this issue:

Close down the RSLogix 5000 software
Hold the Ctrl+Shift keys down and restart the RSLogix 5000 software
Release the Ctrl+Shift keys and shut down the RSLogix 5000 software
Restart the RSLogix 5000 software the normal way
Attempt to download again