Studio 5000 Logix Emulate

kire

I have installed Studio 5000 Professional version V36 a time ago and installed today Logix Emulate V36.

I have a exsisting PLC program, but when I`m going into change controlled the emulatated CPU is not shown in the drop down-list ?

Thank you for your support.

Emulate requires that in the Studio 5000 software you change the CPU from a ControlLogix/CompactLogix/GuardLogix to the Emulate controller. The emulate controller is typically at the bottom of the list of controllers when you select Change Controller.

Logix Echo is a new take on emulating a Rockwell controller and no longer requires us to modify the controller type (deleting all of our I/O in the process). This is separate software from Emulate.

OG

I understand Echo is a better software and more advance, but I also undestand it`s expensive?

The CPU is CompactLogix 5380 Controller, in the button of the drop down-list their is no Emulate controller....

Emulate does not support L8x controllers (And related compact), and Echo does not support L7x or below.

So...
If you want to emulate an L8x (and related CompactLogix such as the 5380) you need to use Echo.

If you want to emulate a L7x or below, you need to use Emulate, but keep in mind that this has no support for CompactLogix related features since it uses its own virtual controllers.