What is the lowest version of Studio 5000 that a new CompactLogix can communicate

Good Evening ,

I have version 28 of Studio 5000 from a few years ago . If I got a new CompactLogix CPU , what is the lowest version of Studio 5000 that would satisfy it running , successful ?

Thanks so much ,

CompactLogix PLC and RSlogix / Studio 5000 compatibility depends on which model CompactLogix you have. And it has got complicated now days.

Easiest way to confirm is to use the Rockwell Automation Product Compatibility & Download Center
https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/

Use the Compare Products link to select the CompactLogix PLC Model and the RSlogix / Studio 5000 Version.
Look for the green ticks to confirm compatibility for the combination

Good Evening ,

I have version 28 of Studio 5000 from a few years ago . If I got a new CompactLogix CPU , what is the lowest version of Studio 5000 that would satisfy it running , successful ?

Thanks so much ,

This was from a bit back, but most likely a 5370 would work well with V28. V28 doesn't play well with anything newer.

cpl.jpg

5370 and 5570 processors (excluding some safety processors) can go all the way back to v20.

5380 and 5580 processors generally start somewhere around v30, but there are sometimes limitations with their functionality until you get to about v32.

Good Evening ,

Thanks so much ,

That version should suffice for any CompactLogix, generally.*

If you are current on licensing, hopping to v36 is an overall upgrade.

*Excluding the 5069 'P' models.