Studio 5000 XRef CTRL+V

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just curious if there is any reason that CTRL+V does not work in the cross reference in Studio 5000? It is kind of annoying. Running V30.02 - have tried it on the server and a local machine.

Is this just me... a feature or a bug?

Not a feature or a bug. Just how it has always worked. The results can't be copied because it isn't a single object. It is a combination of several separate items (an instruction, task, program, routine, rung #, etc...). You can copy the text in the Name field but not the results.

The same is true for the search results window and several others too.

OG

I just want to paste text from notes or a spreadsheet and search for a tag without having to right click :) I can paste (and copy) just not from the keyboard shortcuts in that textbox.

I will echo OG that this is 'how it has always worked.'

You can copy and paste from the right-click menu but the keyboard shortcuts have never worked afaik.

Quite irritating.

I just want to paste text from notes or a spreadsheet and search for a tag without having to right click :) I can paste (and copy) just not from the keyboard shortcuts in that textbox.

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. The keyboard shortcut doesn't work. I had never noticed it before. You have to right-click to paste. Sorry, I don't have a workaround, I can only confirm it doesn't work for me either.

OG

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. The keyboard shortcut doesn't work. I had never noticed it before. You have to right-click to paste. Sorry, I don't have a workaround, I can only confirm it doesn't work for me either.

OG

Right-click will be ok. Thanks for the confirmation that it is not working for you as well!

Thanks for the confirmation, that it is not just me. Seems weird, like you would have to specifically program this behavior for something. Perhaps something carried over for specifically pasting rungs or something, that does not access the clipboard.