Studio5000 AOI Default Values

timryder

Hi guys,

Making a bunch of AOI's for company and I was wondering if there was a way to make them pre-populate their input requirements with the Default value they were created with. As of now when I drop the AOI on the ladder it shows up with a bunch of ?? and not say the DINT value of 50 for one of the variables I set. Is there a way to do this?

Looks like under the Parameters tab when you create the AOI, one of the columns is Default, not sure if that answers your question or not.

EDIT: Mine also show "??" until I actually create the AOI tag

EDIT 2: I also see that you already mentioned the Default value, do the question marks change to the values if you create the tag for the AOI?

Last edited:
LoL thanks anyways. Yes I did see that column and did populate them with values. I just do not see how to Activate those values by default like it would say if I added a motion instruction on to the ladder. Those come pre-populated with their respective default values.

If anyone knows how, I would sure appreciate the tip!

UPDATE: I figured it out,
Kinda....
By unchecking the "Required" flag on the AOI configuration page, that for some reason made them populate on the Ladder with their respective Defaults.

By unchecking the "Required" flag on the AOI configuration page, that for some reason made them populate on the Ladder with their respective Defaults.

The whole purpose of the 'Required' flag is to force external data to be used. To quote the manual, "To help be sure that specific data is passed into the Add-On Instruction, you can use required parameters. A required parameter must be passed each argument for a call to the instruction to verify."

Since it will be using data from an external source, there's no sense in populating with the internal default it won't be using.

Not sure what that didn't click yesterday, but today it seems like a "DuH!"

Thanks for the manual snippet. Makes sense.